I’m happy to announce that the loonnnggg awaited Design Court feature is now live. Extensive testing has been done on it but bugs are sure to pop up as it is a fairly complicated feature. If you notice any bugs/problems with the reporting part of the process or with the actual Design Court itself please report it here, as a comment on this blog post, not in the forum, and not as a PM.
A Message To “The Cheaters”:
Plagiarism and cheating have been running rampant for quite a while, but our very strict and detailed rules have been in place longer than that. Each and every design submitted to the site has been submitted AFTER you (the designer) read the following rules:
A MESSAGE FROM HatchWise STAFF: We think that the above instructions are very clear. If you have a question about them please ask us before submitting any artwork. We reserve the right (and will probably exercise it) to permananently ban any designer who submits a design that violates the above rules. We’re naturally good natured people but we tend to get upset about plagiarism.
Now, I paste that there before I state the following: The reporting feature is RETROACTIVE, which means that any design you submitted to a contest before can be reported by any designer who still has access to that contest (anyone who participated in it with you). I don’t want to hear any complaints about this. You had PLENTY of warnings. Every time you submitted a design there was a warning. If your past actions get you banned now, so be it.
If you have never cheated (as the majority of you haven’t) than please disregard the above.
Now, on to how the system works:
1. You can’t vote in Design Court unless you have previously won a contest.
2. Any registered designer can report an entry, but unless you have previously won a contest you can only have two open cases at a time.
3. If one of your designs is found “guilty”, it is withdrawn and you are issued a warning point. If you accumulate a total of three warning points you are permanently banned and any pending winnings are frozen indefinitely.
4. If you report a design and it is found “not guilty” YOU are issued a warning point. If you accumulate a total of three warning points you are permanently banned and any pending winnings are frozen indefinitely. The warning points for submitting a design without reason are not the same as the warning points in #3, they accumulate separately.
5. Withdrawing a design that has been reported is a nice gesture, but does not stop the Court Case, or the warning point if you are found guilty.
6. There are 11 votes taken on each case, each designer can only vote once, you cannot vote on your own case. The majority wins.
7. The decision by the crowd is not negotiable. Do not email us complaining about it.
8. If you are banned because of repeat offenses then that is it. There is no arguing or pleading with staff over it, so please don’t even try.
So that’s it. To report a design simply log into your account and click the red exclamation point next to the entry you want to report on the contest detail page.
Many thanks to all of you who have waited so long and so patiently for this. Please leave your comments, suggestions and criticisms in the comments below.